Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bahamas Mission Trip (Day One)

What Should I Pray For?

First day in Long Island Bahamas.  I am so excited to be here, and I already feel as though God is allowing me to better understand His purpose for my life.  It's something that I've been wrestling with since I stepped off of the plane in Guatemala last year.  Who am I supposed to be?  What am I supposed to do with that?  How do you find joy?  And not the simple joy of finding a 20 dollar bill in an old jacket.  But the pure joy that lasts all day long... for the rest of your life.  

The pastor in Nassau talked to us about how you find joy.  How God is not stingy and is extremely generous.  How when we pray, we should not be selfish and only ask for things for ourselves, but more importantly, to ask: "What can I do for you, Lord?"    

The possession of Christ's joy is the bi-product of doing what Christ has designed for us to do.  We all are on a pursuit of joy.  When we do what God has designed for us to do, that is when we find His joy.  When you answer the call from God to fulfill your purpose in life, that is when you find the purest joy that you could ever imagine.  

In CCO, CCF bible study at Chatham, we talked about planting seeds and how God makes them grow.  We are the lucky ones.  When you can be a witness to the breathtaking view of Long Island, Bahamas, scenery, you may think: "This is what happens when you love Jesus."  But as we are serving throughout the week and experiencing God's love, hopefully we will think: "This is what happens when you find Christ's joy."  Guatemala planted a seed.  Bahamas will be much-needed sunshine.  A much-needed watering.  A vital part in my growth and blooming process.  

I've learned that life is worth more than money and getting a degree.  Life is about loving God, loving people, and pursuing His joy.  Period.

Tasha Jordan, Chatham University '14

No comments:

Post a Comment